AyurYoga Eco-Ashram is an oasis of peace and nature with holistic teachings and treatments combining Yoga and Ayurveda. The experience is really healing and detoxifying (with yummy food from their ...
Advance, Ashram experience, Beginner, Community oriented, Detox, Internships, Modern, Mountain, Peaceful retreat, Philosophical, Physical, Women
Hatha, Nidra, Yoga Therapy
|Students / Class Ratio||
Why AyurYoga Eco-Ashram?
You should definitely book this TTC if you want to find:
- 18 Acres of riverside Organic Farm which creates the “Shantiest” place in India for a Yoga TTC.
- Authentic traditional teachers with backgrounds in monastic/spiritual communities
- Balance of 50% physical and 50% for prana/spirituality.
- Non dogmatic holistic approach which takes the best of different Yoga traditions and schools.
- Physical and mental detox with yummy organic food, with a slight Indian taste.
- All vegetables and fruit grown either in their own Organic Farm or bought from local farmers.
- Eco-friendly spacious cottages with Wi-Fi and all western comforts to create your home for a month.
- Ayurveda personal consultation for your practical life, plus lessons, therapies, diet, herbal medicinal plants…
- Non-profit trust, so your monetary contribution helps to maintain charitable projects for the local community.
- Best weather in India with moderate temperatures and humidity throughout the year.
- Great alternatives to Yoga TTC, like the 2 weeks “Yoga Immersion” or “Yoga Intensive”
AyurYoga Eco-Ashram is an oasis of peace and nature in the chaotic India.
They provide with holistic teachings and treatments combining 2 sister sciences: Yoga and Ayurveda.
The experience at this ashram is really healing and detoxifying (with yummy food from their own organic farm).
AyurYoga Eco-Ashram is an oasis of peace and nature in the chaotic India. They provide with holistic teachings and treatments combining 2 sister sciences: Yoga and Ayurveda. The experience at this ashram is really healing and detoxifying (with yummy food from their own organic farm).
What is AyurYoga Eco-Ashram?
This Ashram is a platform for the spiritual teachers with backgrounds in traditional monasteries and ashrams, to connect with international students who are ready to “explore Yoga beyond the mat”.
The intentions of this ashram are both to train great Yoga Teachers/Ayurveda experts, and to give opportunity to really knowledgeable spiritual monks to share their wisdom.
They don’t accept drop-in guests, to maintain the peace of the ashram and because they focus in contribute to deep transformations in their visitors.
Krishna Chaitanya is the Founder and Director, with special expertise in the field of meditation, philosophy and psychology of Yoga-Vedanta. He practiced for more than 12 years in some of the best ashrams in India – such as Ramakrishna-Vivekananda Order (Calcutta), Bihar School of Yoga (Munger), Himalayan Tradition of Swami Rama (Rishikesh) and Sivananda Ashram (Kerala).
Embracing the monastic life at the age of 19, Krishna is a born social rebel and revolutionary thinker who doesn’t want to be brainwashed by books, teachers, or spiritual traditions.
Swami Prabodh Chaithanya is a Yoga-Vedanta Scholar who also holds a Masters Degree in English literature, studies in Sanskrit and who has been lived and taught in Rishikesh and Varanasi for several Years.
Vinod was raised up in a farming community on the countryside of Kerala, Vinod is a hardworking Yogi who loves to dream big and smile big. Since 2011 he is also teaching in Vietnam and Russia.
Lucas use to work as a banker in Dubai, but after seeing how Yoga helps his family, he decided to pursue a university Masters of Science Degree in Yoga (SVYSA). Hi is especially knowledgeable in Yoga Therapy.
Lillie took up yoga for self discovery after an unfulfilling professional career in USA healthcare system. She followed her dreams to AyurYoga Eco-Ashram in India, not realizing that she would not only become a great yoga teacher, but also be given the opportunity to help the growing ashram as part of the team.
In the nowadays society which tends to more pollution and individuality, AyurYoga Eco-Ashram is a living example that there is alternatives of conscious and sustainable living in community and harmony with Mother Nature.
Mysore is one of the favorite destinations for Yogis in India. Not only it is the birthplace of great figures like Krishnamacharya, BKS Iyengar, Pattabhi Jois… Furthermore it offers pleasant climate all year round and all the facilities that a Yogi may need.
Gokulam, the most famous area where you can find most of Yoga centers, its kind of a “Indian Beverley hills” well sauced with massage and healing centers, organic restaurants, coffees and shops for Yogis.
- When to visit Mysore?
One of the best times of the year to visit Mysore is October to February because the weather is so pleasant that it becomes a popular honeymoon destination. June to September are the monsoon months.
- Practices led by traditional teachers: Asanas, Pranayamas, Neti, Meditation, and Chanting Mantras.
- Teaching Workshops: Demonstration of Asanas and their variations. Classification and sequencing of yoga asanas as per traditional understanding based on Chakras. Adjustments of common mistakes and hands-on techniques.
- Yoga Anatomy: Therapeutic benefits of Asanas and Pranayamas, precautions, and contraindications. Anatomy and Physiology of 7 systems of body.
- Philosophy: Introduction to Yogic Lifestyle in modern times, Historical Evolution of Yoga, Paths of Yogas, Patanjali Yoga Sutras.
- Teaching Practice: Testing and sharing your teaching skills with your co-teachers.
- Career: Business/Career of a yoga teacher, communication skills and safety norms.
Curriculum: International & Traditional
Techniques Training/Practice — 117 Hours
Includes asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, chanting, mantra, meditation, and other traditional yoga techniques. These hours are a mix between (1) analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques, and (2) guided practice of the techniques.
Teaching Methodology — 26 Hours
Includes principles of demonstration, observation, assisting /correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, the student’s process of learning, and business aspects of teaching yoga.
Yoga Anatomy & Ayurveda — 26 Hours
Includes both human anatomy and physiology of bodily systems, organs, etc. Anatomy of Pranic body: chakras, nadis, bandhas etc. Includes both the study of the subject and application of its principles to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc). Basic introduction to Ayurvedic three doshas, diet and lifestyle based on seasons and constitution.
Philosophy, Lifestyle & Ethics — 26 Hours
Includes the study of Yoga Sutras, Yoga in a Big Picture, historical evolution of yoga, four paths and various techniques for Self-Realization, yogic lifestyle in a modern society, and ethics for yoga teachers.
Practicum — 20 Hours
Includes practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching and hearing/giving feedback.
- 3 Ayurvedic detox Meals
- Double/Private Room for 30 days
- A welcome kit with a new yoga mat, books, Neti Pot, and 500 MB Wi-Fi voucher.
What is NOT Included: Plane Tickets – Visa – Transfers
Requirements to apply
- Practicing Yoga regularly for at least one year.
- Physically fit to handle four hours a day of practice. Test yourself with 10 rounds of Sun Salutation at one go and comfortable to hold the basic asanas for at least 30 seconds.
- Mentally eager to listen to two theory classes a day and write an exam!
- Spiritually focused to wake up early for meditation and ready to handle all the emotional roller coaster this intense course might cause.
- Passionate to question and challenge your own beliefs on who am I, purpose of life, cultural attitudes and ready to raise above petty judgments of society.
- Having no chronic illness, recent surgeries, pregnant, or under medication for severe psychological disorders.
Example of Schedule
06.00 – 06.40 am: Meditation
06.40 – 07.00 am: Neti / Kriyas
07.00 – 09.15 am: Yoga & Pranayamas
09.15 – 10.30 am: Brunch & Free time
10.30 – 12.30 pm: Yoga in Big Picture / Yoga Therapy
12.30 – 02.00 pm: Free time / Private coaching
01.30 – 02.30 pm: Fruits/Snacks
02.30 – 04.00 pm: Yoga Sutras / Ayurveda
04.30 – 07.00 pm: Yoga Anatomy Workshops / Teaching Practice
07.00– 08.00 pm: Dinner
08.00 – 09.00 pm: Video Shows or Chanting, on 3 nights a week
10.00 pm – 10.00 am: Silence / Self-Reflections
• Ayur Yoga –Eco Ashram Teacher Training Course 200 hours •
11/01/2016 – 08/02/2016
15/02/2016 – 14/03/2016
21/03/2016 – 18/04/2016
Other programs offered: